Richard Stallman writes: > You seem to be operating on the idea that we should make a separate face > for every use. I don't think that is a good idea. > > I agree that it is more general, and in a certain sense it is cleaner. > But I am concerned that it is also a lot of bloat, and I am not sure > we can afford that. > > Absent the intention to make a separate face for every use, > why should we install separate faces for rmail? My primary concern was to avoid having different faces for the header names, which I don't like. But I didn't want to make a change that would change the default display of an email, so I added as many new faces as required for the default display to stay the same. Personally, I will be fine with just one `rmail-header-name' face. This is the way `message-mode' does it, there is just one face for every header name: `message-header-name'. The patch below do this.