Eric Abrahamsen writes: > "Basil L. Contovounesios" writes: > >> There seems to be overlap in the implementations and usage of >> gnus-buffer-exists-p and gnus-buffer-live-p, as well as of gnus-buffers >> and gnus-prune-buffers. >> >> The attached patch removes gnus-buffer-exists-p in favour of a modified >> gnus-buffer-live-p, aliases gnus-prune-buffers to a simplified >> gnus-buffers, and simplifies several call sites pertaining to buffer >> liveness checking and killing. WDYT? > > I've been running this most of today; nothing terrible has happened so > far. Thanks for testing. > Can I suggest adding `gnus-buffer-exists-p' back in as a > `define-obsolete-function-alias' for `gnus-buffer-live-p'? Drats, I was hoping to get away with that one. ;) > I assume that will work for macros. Yes, so long as the macroexpansion sites are recompiled. > Anyway, it would just be nicer for people who, ahem, have external > packages that were using that function. I could have sworn I checked GNU ELPA before removing it... Probably got mixed up with some other branch I had on the back-burner, sorry. Updated patch attached. Thanks, -- Basil