* EWW: Math On Wikipedia And Accessing LaTeX (from hidden attributes)
@ 2021-04-30 19:12 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2021-04-30 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

As an example, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_mean
and as a specific example, see the first example given to illustrate
the harmonic mean.

It uses MathML and MathJaX to render in JS-enabled browsers, and it
also carries MathML markup that tends to be heavy-weight and often
lighter with respect to semantics than the LaTeX alternative.

The LaTeX is available in the markup source if you open the above
link in EWW and press "v" to view source.

I'd like to see if EWW/SHR could expose that LaTeX content via a DOM
attribute  --- I cant figure out how at present.

--Raman
♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

--Raman
♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

* Re: EWW: Math On Wikipedia And Accessing LaTeX (from hidden attributes)
@ 2021-04-30 19:32 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2021-04-30 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Apr 30 2021, T.V Raman wrote:

> I'd like to see if EWW/SHR could expose that LaTeX content via a DOM
> attribute  --- I cant figure out how at present.

Change your settings to switch to LaTeX for mathematical formulas.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1

* Re: EWW: Math On Wikipedia And Accessing LaTeX (from hidden attributes)
@ 2021-04-30 20:11   ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2021-04-30 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schwab; +Cc: raman, emacs-devel

Could you explain where I do this -- I assume this is some setting on
Wikipedia?
Is it possible to do that from EWW? Alternatively, is there a URL
param that you can show me that would let me do it RESTfully?

--
♉Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮♉

--

@ 2021-04-30 21:25     ` Andreas Schwab