Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Herman, Géza >> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:23:36 +0100 >> >> Here's the latest version of my JSON parser. It is the same as >> before, >> the only modification I did is that this patch doesn't replace >> the >> original parser, but keeps them, and adds to two additional >> functions >> with the -fast suffix. > > Thanks, but I don't see why we would want to have two sets of > these > functions. So please rework the patch to replace the existing > functions with ones that are based on your parser. This will > leave us > with libjansson for producing JSON from Lisp, which is not > optimal, > but still worth it, I think. I created this, because you previously said: " That's okay, we can start by making this an optional feature, and consider making it the default after a couple of major releases; meanwhile, any problems will be detected and reported." I found this way safer, but I also don't have a problem with the replacement way. Actually the last github link I sent contains this way of working. Here is the patch for that version.