* Microsoft XP SP3 delayed for RMS
@ 2008-04-29 19:10 Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-04-29 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Found in the news: Microsoft will delay its SP3 because of an issue
with a dynamic RMS. Well done Richard!

Extract from http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1368 : "I have to
admit: I’m somewhat surprised Microsoft decided to delay the release
of SP3 for RMS. "
--
      Paul

* Re: Microsoft XP SP3 delayed for RMS
@ 2008-04-30  9:49 ` Richard M Stallman
From: Richard M Stallman @ 2008-04-30  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul R; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Found in the news: Microsoft will delay its SP3 because of an issue
    with a dynamic RMS. Well done Richard!

They probably named something in their system after me.
Companies do this occasionally, and generally it is the ugliest part.

For instance, in 1978 or so, DEC named part of VMS after me,
and it was the part that made accessing files so inconvenient.