* rmailedit can now handle changes in headers.
@ 2009-02-14 15:33 Richard M Stallman
From: Richard M Stallman @ 2009-02-14 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I have tested many cases, but there could still be bugs.

* Re: rmailedit can now handle changes in headers.
@ 2009-02-14 17:31 ` martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2009-02-14 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

 > I have tested many cases, but there could still be bugs.

Compiling rmailedit.el currently gets me:

In rmail-edit-diff-headers:
rmailedit.el:289:23:Warning: reference to free variable `old'

martin

* Re: rmailedit can now handle changes in headers.
@ 2009-02-14 19:55 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-02-14 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard M Stallman; +Cc: emacs-devel

   I have tested many cases, but there could still be bugs.

What tests are needed in order to check for bug presence (except
changing headers) ? Which leads to: what is the need behind this
feature ? It is not clear to me.

Regards

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: rmailedit can now handle changes in headers.
@ 2009-02-14 20:12   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2009-02-14 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:55:16 +0100
> From: Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org>
> Jabber-ID: xma01@jabber.fr
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> what is the need behind this feature ? It is not clear to me.

Obviously, editing a mail message should support editing its headers
as well, don't you think?

* Re: rmailedit can now handle changes in headers.
@ 2009-02-15  0:32     ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2009-02-15  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>> what is the need behind this feature ? It is not clear to me.
>
> Obviously, editing a mail message should support editing its headers
> as well, don't you think?

Certainly sounds reasonable to me, tho I don't use rmail:

If you present the message for editing without the headers, it would
seem weird -- the user normally sees the headers, and thinks of them as
being part of the message -- but if you include the headers in the
editing buffer, they should be editable...

-Miles

--
Erudition, n. Dust shaken out of a book into an empty skull.

* Re: rmailedit can now handle changes in headers.
@ 2009-02-15 19:28       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2009-02-15 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>> what is the need behind this feature ? It is not clear to me.
>>
>> Obviously, editing a mail message should support editing its headers
>> as well, don't you think?

> Certainly sounds reasonable to me, tho I don't use rmail:

> If you present the message for editing without the headers, it would
> seem weird -- the user normally sees the headers, and thinks of them as
> being part of the message -- but if you include the headers in the
> editing buffer, they should be editable...

More importantly: the main modification I ever feel like making to
messages is to change the subject, so that I can find them more easily
in the summary.

* Re: rmailedit can now handle changes in headers.
@ 2009-02-16  7:24 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-02-16  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

   > Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:55:16 +0100
   > From: Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org>
   > Jabber-ID: xma01@jabber.fr
   > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
   >
   > what is the need behind this feature ? It is not clear to me.

   Obviously, editing a mail message should support editing its headers
   as well, don't you think?

Indeed (I thought there was a more complex need behind this).

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org