Stefan Monnier writes: >>> - let KEY be evaluated rather than having it be quoted. I.e. require >>> the programmer to write 'a when looking up the key `a'. It costs an >>> extra quote in some/many cases, but does give you extra power. >> Do you think it would be worth it? I'm not sure. > > Not sure either; it will clearly depend on actual uses. > This said, if the main case where the quote would be needed is when KEY > is a (non-keyword) symbol, then it's probably worth the extra > flexibility since you could say that an element of the form SYMBOL is > treated as equivalent to ('SYMBOL SYMBOL), so the extra quote will be > very rarely needed. Good point. Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr