* Support `dired-do-shell-command' into tramp /gdrive method?
@ 2018-06-21 12:48 Tino Calancha
From: Tino Calancha @ 2018-06-21 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Tino Calancha, Emacs developers

Hi Michael,

is there a plan to add more features to the /gdrive tramp method?
I am trying it today for the first time.

I observe that I can:
* mark files (m)
* create(+)/delete (D) a directory
* delete a file (D)

Apparently `dired-do-shell-command' is not handled, for instance:

From the /gdrive dired buffer, I cannot move FILE into DIR:
! mv ? DIR

* Re: Support `dired-do-shell-command' into tramp /gdrive method?
@ 2018-06-21 13:21 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2018-06-21 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tino Calancha; +Cc: Emacs developers

Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Tino,

> is there a plan to add more features to the /gdrive tramp method?
> I am trying it today for the first time.
>
> I observe that I can:
> * mark files (m)
> * create(+)/delete (D) a directory
> * delete a file (D)

Great, yes? :-)

> Apparently `dired-do-shell-command' is not handled, for instance:
>
> From the /gdrive dired buffer, I cannot move FILE into DIR:
> ! mv ? DIR

The gdrive connection is done by a GVFS connection (tramp-gvfs.el). This
bundle of methods does not support remote processes.

However, it shall be possible to move a file in dired by hitting
"R". This shall work even crossing file system boundaries.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Support `dired-do-shell-command' into tramp /gdrive method?
@ 2018-06-21 13:39   ` Tino Calancha
From: Tino Calancha @ 2018-06-21 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Emacs developers, Tino Calancha

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018, Michael Albinus wrote:

>> Apparently `dired-do-shell-command' is not handled, for instance:
>>
>> From the /gdrive dired buffer, I cannot move FILE into DIR:
>> ! mv ? DIR
>
> The gdrive connection is done by a GVFS connection (tramp-gvfs.el). This
> bundle of methods does not support remote processes.
>
> However, it shall be possible to move a file in dired by hitting
> "R". This shall work even crossing file system boundaries.
Thank you for the info and for the 'R' tip.
I have successfully moved files using 'R' right now. :-)