Hi, I wrote this patch for project-switch-project, becasue it kept highlighting the "wrong" charachters when using read-multiple-choice. To take the example from the docstring: When evalutating (read-multiple-choice "Continue connecting?" '((?a "Always") (?s "Session only") (?n "No"))) with upper-case names instead of "always", "session only" and "no", read-multiple-choice decides to highlight Always Session only No ^ ^ (nothing here) which I don't think it is always intended, just because one wanted to capitalize the words. With this patch applied and a non-nil value passed as the third argument, the first letters get highlighted as expected. -- Philip K.