Andrea Corallo writes: Hi Andrea, > Mmmh not sure is possible but also desirable, we want to be able to run > as many tests as possible even with -jN. Last days, I've digged further into this. I still couldn't provoke the error (my machine has only 8 processing units). However, ... >> Btw, could you check whether the D-Bus tests flickery goes away if we >> tag dbus-test05-register-signal-with-nils as :unstable? > > From the bunch of test I did seems this is solving, I'll mark it as > :unstable for now till a better solution is found. ... I've found suspicious code in this test. Usually, all tests work deterministic. A method call or a signal is raised, and the returned message from D-Bus is analyzed. But in this test, a signal handler with a wildcard filter is registered. That means, *any* signal from D-Bus is catched, also signals which aren't relevant for this test. The more pressure you give on the system ("make -j96"), the more likely it is. So I have modified the signal handler to handle only signals we're interested in. See the appended patch. Could you, pls, check whether it helps? I guess we need it only in the master branch, because the problem appears only in dbus-test.el. dbusbind.c and dbus.el are OK. > Thanks > > Andrea Best regards, Michael.