* C-x C-f RET problem...
@ 2002-05-16  7:45 Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-05-16  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

my users found the behavior of C-x C-f RET quite inconsistent with the rest
of Emacs. After typing C-x C-f you will see the current directory in the
minibuffer. Just after RET you *can* expect to see your current directory
opened in dired. Well, I'm quite used to the current behavior so
I personally do not have problem with it, but my users found it quite
irritating: "How is it possible that C-x C-f and the directory opens file
and not that directory?".

What do you think?
--
Pavel Janík

Let the data structure the program.
                  --  The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)