Nick Roberts writes: > It can only help us if you report the bug when you first find it. Of course, I am sorry. I usually do, except with emacs+gdb I assumed that everyone and his dog would suffer from it (duh). > That's odd because gud has used "--annotate=3" for over a year. However, it > shouldn't make any difference at the moment. --annotate=3 has the same problem. I seem to remember that bringing up a third window, so I mindlessly switch that off. > C++ and multithreaded, that might be pushing it a bit. If you don't use any > features of the new mode you can get the old behaviour using "gdb -fullname" Thanks, that works! LilyPond is not multithreaded. It might be because of linking to guile, which supports threads? > Please set the variable gdb-enable-debug-log (which records the transactions > between gdb and emacs) to t, trigger the bug and post the value of > gdb-debug-log to emacs-pretest-bugs. Done. Jan. -- Jan Nieuwenhuizen | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien | http://www.lilypond.org