* support for screen-256color
@ 2008-01-26 16:44 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-01-26 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Someone asked me if emacs supports screen-256color.

We don't.

But if anyone is interested in working on this it should not be too hard
to add, just follow the model in term/xterm.el.

[Not sure how people can stand using emacs in screen given that it
steals C-a by default...]

* Re: support for screen-256color
@ 2008-01-26 19:37 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-01-26 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> But if anyone is interested in working on this it should not be too hard
> to add, just follow the model in term/xterm.el.

> [Not sure how people can stand using emacs in screen given that it
> steals C-a by default...]

I expect Emacs users to be "customize-happy", so changing the C-a
default is probably not the only part of screen they'll want
to configure.

* Re: support for screen-256color
@ 2008-01-27  1:26 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-01-27  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu> writes:
> [Not sure how people can stand using emacs in screen given that it
> steals C-a by default...]

   $ cat > ~/.screenrc
   escape ^\^\
   ^D

-Miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]