Stefan Monnier writes: Hi Stefan, >> I think this feature is generally useful and has nothing to do with >> C, so I propose to rename it (and its commands and the file) to >> `subword-mode' or `camelcase-mode'. > > IIRC the same suggestion to make it generic came up right around the > Emacs-23 freeze, which is why it didn't happen. If someone wants to > make this generic *right now* he'd better hurry. Ok, here it is (attached to this mail). I removed all cc-mode dependencies (which were all about XEmacs and old emacs version compatibility anyway). Is it ok to commit? If yes, how do I do that with CVS? cvs delete progmodes/cc-subword.el and cvs add subword.el? There seems to be no renaming command. And what do I have to write into the ChangeLog? Bye, Tassilo