* bug tracker down again?
@ 2010-01-04 17:57 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-01-04 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I sent two new bug reports to 'emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org' yesterday. Neither has
shown up, apparently. I got no email from the bug tracker, and they still
haven't show up at http://debbugs.gnu.org/.

'emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org' is the address that comes up automatically via
`report-emacs-bug', at least in the Windows binary I got from
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/.

And I was able to successfully send a different pretest bug report (#5299) to it
previously. But it no longer seems to work.

The two reports I sent contained attachments - dunno if that is significant.
Also, as bug #5299 reports, there is a bug in `report-emacs-bug' itself that
requires me to create the mail messages by hand in my mail client. But I doubt
that that is related. I created the missing bug reports the same way as the
successful report #5299.

* Re: bug tracker down again?
@ 2010-01-05 14:17 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-01-05 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I sent two new bug reports to 'emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org' yesterday. Neither has
> shown up, apparently. I got no email from the bug tracker, and they still
> haven't show up at http://debbugs.gnu.org/.
>
> 'emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org' is the address that comes up automatically via
> `report-emacs-bug', at least in the Windows binary I got from
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/.
>
> And I was able to successfully send a different pretest bug report (#5299) to it
> previously. But it no longer seems to work.
>
> The two reports I sent contained attachments - dunno if that is significant.
> Also, as bug #5299 reports, there is a bug in `report-emacs-bug' itself that
> requires me to create the mail messages by hand in my mail client. But I doubt
> that that is related. I created the missing bug reports the same way as the
> successful report #5299.

The submission list for the bug tracker is moderated, so it takes some
time for emails to hit the tracker.  In particular, large attachments
are always flagged for moderation.

We currently lack enough moderators, so anyone who is interested in
helping to moderate, please email me.

* Re: bug tracker down again?
@ 2010-01-06  0:23 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-01-06  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Drew Adams" wrote:

> I sent two new bug reports to 'emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org' yesterday.
> Neither has shown up, apparently.

gnu.org mail was down for a time.

Check http://identi.ca/group/fsfstatus for status of various GNU hosts.

* RE: bug tracker down again?
@ 2010-01-07 16:34   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-01-07 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Glenn Morris'; +Cc: emacs-devel

> > I sent two new bug reports to 'emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org' yesterday.
> > Neither has shown up, apparently.
>
> gnu.org mail was down for a time. Check
> http://identi.ca/group/fsfstatus for status of various GNU hosts.

Aside from that problem, I get the impression there is a problem wrt bug-report
messages getting sent to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org (to which I'm subscribed).

It seems that some bug reports I send do not result in a message to that mailing
list. I receive an Ack msg, but I never receive the bug-report message from the
list.

I received an Ack msg for #5325 two days ago (the same day I sent in the
report), but I still haven't received the report message. The bug is indeed in
the tracker, however, here: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5325.

Per `M-x report-emacs-bug', I sent the bug report to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org.
The Ack msg came from bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, but there was no report msg sent to
bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org. I can see that it is not just I who didn't receive the
message: it is not present here either:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2010-01/index.html

What's the deal wrt getting bug reports to go to the bug-tracker list?