* Error in BZR Wiki document?
@ 2010-01-05 14:40 Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-01-05 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel

Quote:
"The merge may fail due to a change that conflicts with your branch. You’ll
need to fix the problem (looking for conflict markers and editing, just as in
CVS), then

       bzr resolve -m file-you-changed ...      # Mark these conflicts as
resolved.
                                                # Bazaar keeps track of
unresolved conflicts,
                                                # and won't let you commit
until all are resolved.

"

Ok, I edit ChangeLog and remove markers, then:

% bzr resolve -m ChangeLog
bzr: ERROR: no such option: -m

Hmm, lets remove -m then:
% bzr resolve ChangeLog
src/ChangeLog is not conflicted

What is bzr resolve supposed to do anyway?

	Jan D.

(BTW, pulling trunk again for 5 Mbytes worth of changes required 177 Mbytes to
download from the server).

* Re: Error in BZR Wiki document?
@ 2010-01-05 15:01 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2010-01-05 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

> Quote:
> "The merge may fail due to a change that conflicts with your
> branch. You’ll need to fix the problem (looking for conflict markers
> and editing, just as in CVS), then
>
>       bzr resolve -m file-you-changed ...      # Mark these conflicts
> as resolved.
>                                                # Bazaar keeps track of
> unresolved conflicts,
>                                                # and won't let you
> commit until all are resolved.
>
> "
>
> Ok, I edit ChangeLog and remove markers, then:
>
> % bzr resolve -m ChangeLog
> bzr: ERROR: no such option: -m

Yup, that's an error on the document.

> Hmm, lets remove -m then:
> % bzr resolve ChangeLog
> src/ChangeLog is not conflicted

I think that when you open a conflicted file on Emacs, it activates
SMerge and after you remove the conflict text markers and save the
file, SMerge automatically does a `bzr resolve'.

> What is bzr resolve supposed to do anyway?

It prevents you from committing a conflicted file.

> (BTW, pulling trunk again for 5 Mbytes worth of changes required 177
> Mbytes to download from the server).

Hmmm... after the big 180 MB download a few hours ago, pulling again
right now required 6 MB.

I see nothing on the commits made by Stefan that justify a download of
177 MB, but maybe that hitted something on the internal storage of bzr
that triggered a pessimization.

--
Óscar

* Re: Error in BZR Wiki document?
@ 2010-01-05 15:45   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2010-01-05 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I think that when you open a conflicted file on Emacs, it activates
> SMerge and after you remove the conflict text markers and save the
> file, SMerge automatically does a `bzr resolve'.

Indeed, except it's VC which does it, not SMerge.

>> What is bzr resolve supposed to do anyway?
> It prevents you from committing a conflicted file.

Or rather Bzr prevents you from committing a conflicted file, so you
have to tell it when you're resolved a conflict.

* Re: Error in BZR Wiki document?
@ 2010-01-06  3:32   ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2010-01-06  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:
>Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:
>> Quote:
>> "The merge may fail due to a change that conflicts with your
>> branch. You’ll need to fix the problem (looking for conflict markers
>> and editing, just as in CVS), then
>>
>>       bzr resolve -m file-you-changed ...      # Mark these conflicts
>> as resolved.
>>                                                # Bazaar keeps track of
>> unresolved conflicts,
>>                                                # and won't let you
>> commit until all are resolved.
>>
>> "
>>
>> Ok, I edit ChangeLog and remove markers, then:
>>
>> % bzr resolve -m ChangeLog
>> bzr: ERROR: no such option: -m
>
>Yup, that's an error on the document.

I don't want to sound like a nagging uncle, but... did anyone *fix* the
error?  It's a wiki, after all :-).

I see the "-m" is still there.  I've removed it now.  It took me
literally twenty seconds from start to finish.

-Karl