On Mon, Jan 24 2011, Lennart Borgman wrote: > It looks to me like url-insert-file-contents is a code place for > decoding. So I suggest the following: > > 1) Move the decoding from url-insert to url-insert-file-contents. I'd like to be able to use the coding detection code and decoding on already retrieved buffer, so this can be used in url-insert-file-contents, but it must be a autonomous function that I can call myself. > 2) Replace the call to decode-coding-inserted-region in > url-insert-file-contents with something that also takes care of xml > encoding and similar things. > > But I wonder what to use for 2. Something like Julien suggested seems > good to me. If no entry is find (or used) in > mm-decoder-helper-functions then probably > decode-coding-inserted-region should be called. Sounds good. > This of course means that the functions for decoding should be in > url-handlers.el (which Julien objected against). Why cannot be it in mm (or another possibly new package)? -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info