On Tue, 17 May 2011 10:32:03 -0500 Ted Zlatanov wrote: TZ> Here's the converter. It reads the confusables.txt file and generates a TZ> char-table with strings as values. I'll package the converter and the TZ> resulting uni-confusables.el library and put them on the GNU ELPA. TZ> Could you tell me the best way to write uni-confusables.el? In what TZ> format should I provide the char-tables in the ELisp code? The shortest format turned out to be a range enumeration, because the native char-table dump was much bigger (700K vs. 100K). So I wrote `gen-confusables-write' to create the "uni-confusables.el" file that defines the two char-tables and then populates them. As a bonus, two ERT tests (one per single/multiple type) are also generated dynamically based on the data found in the confusables.txt file. gen-confusables.el is a pretty unholy mix of Lisp and string manipulations, but since I am the only real user I don't mind. You can test it with http://www.unicode.org/Public/security/revision-04/confusables.txt (I'm not including the resulting uni-confusables.el here because it's over 100K). Ted