From: Jose Antonio Ortega Ruiz <mail@jao.io>
To: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: master 77c3d41adc: Prevent text decorations from overwriting surrounding areas on X
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 02:30:42 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I am afraid i cannot at the moment debug this further, but i've noticed
that, with this change, an underline text in the mode-line extending the
full mode-line will get cut at the fringe too, which, to me, is
unexpected, because the modeline covers the fringe, so i expect the
underline to cover it too (and that's the behaviour before this change).

(i actually use this trick to sometimes show an empty mode line, with ""
as format, with a mode-line face set to, say, :underline "red"... before
this change the underline would go from the left to the right vertical
lines delimiting the buffer; after it, the underline starts at the left
vertical bar, but stops before arriving to the right one.  i presume it
is because it stops at the fringe).

Cheers,
jao