Hi, depending on your Linux distro you may want to install acpid package (its name may vary), which brings your a bunch of files, presumably in /etc/acpi, which describes ACPI events along with handlers to run on them. Be wary of this functionality have no direct connection with suspending itself, AFAIK. For this you may use pm-utils/hibernate-script. Having all this, you may want to pay attention to lid.sh under /etc/acpi. cheers, Alex raman@google.com writes: > Background: > > I run Emacs as my primary environment -- ie I do everything in Emacs > on Linux. > > So when I open my laptop lid, my laptop wakes up from suspend and > Emacs is where I left off. > > I'd like to set things up so emacs runs a set of actions when the > laptop comes back from suspend -- typically, say 5 seconds after > wake-up. Here, all actions are emacs functions. > > So Q: > > From Emacs --- perhaps an idle-timer, how do I detect when the laptop > returns from suspend? > -- > > -- > > --