On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 at 15:18, Michael Albinus wrote: > Augusto Stoffel writes: > >>> W/o further reading, this cannot be right. Elements of >>> `process-environment' have always the syntax "VAR=VALUE". You add only a >>> VALUE (`exec-path') in `bufferenv'. I understand your intention, using >>> `bufferenv' as transportation vehicle, but I believe this is >>> mis-designed, and good for trouble. If not now, then later. >> >> This is a temporary, lexical variable that is inaccessible to the user >> directly. It's "destructured" again in the next hunk of the patch. > > I've seen this. But we shall avoid this dirty kind of programming, even > if it is internal only. In this case, here is a variation that handles the two lists separately. (It will have a surprising effect if some of these lists is empty, but this should never happen --- and the solution would be to wrap the lists in a cons, which you don't like...)