* Help buffer key bindings
@ 2005-11-16 22:58 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-11-16 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Two things:

*** 1) On EmacsWiki I found this suggestion:

    Bind "l" to help-go-back in help-mode, to make it behave a tiny bit
more like info mode.

    (add-hook 'help-mode-hook (lambda () (define-key help-mode-map "l"
'help-go-back)))

Maybe binding "l" to help-go-back is a good thing?

*** 2) A while ago we discussed S-TAB in the help buffer. On w32 this
still moves forward. I think it should move backward. Was there any
decision on this? How does it work on other platforms?

I remember I did not quite understand what was happening. It seems like
S-TAB is interpreted as just TAB on w32. Since other applications (for
example Firefox) recognices S-TAB it looks a bit like a bug.