* [rudalics@gmx.at: Re: widget-move-and-invoke]
@ 2006-09-29 21:45 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-09-29 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now that we have a precise test case, would someone please DTRT, then ack?

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:45:10 +0200
From: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
To:  rms@gnu.org
CC:  emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: widget-move-and-invoke

With emacs -Q do

M-x customize-group RET editing-basics RET

Position window on customization buffer such that the line reading

    "Mode Require Final Newline: Hide Value Value Menu When saving"

is the first option following the start of the window, and the line

    "Next Line Add Newlines: Hide Value Toggle  off (nil)"

is the last option before the end of the window.

Move point to the beginning of the line

    "Next Line Add Newlines: Hide Value Toggle  off (nil)"

Do down-mouse-1 on the "More" button of

    "Whether to add a newline at end of file, in certain major modes. More"

near the top of the window.  My Emacs recenters the window on the line
where point appears and the first option visible in the window becomes

    "Mark Ring Max: Hide Value 16"

The option

    "Mode Require Final Newline: Hide Value Value Menu When saving"

including its documentation is no more visible in the window.

* Re: [rudalics@gmx.at: Re: widget-move-and-invoke]
@ 2006-09-30 15:48 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-09-30 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Now that we have a precise test case, would someone please DTRT, then ack?

Fixed.