Jan Djärv writes: > Stephen J. Turnbull skrev: >> Michaël Cadilhac writes: >> >> > Nah, not quite. PS files are directly viewable, directly printable, >> >> Not on an out-of-the-box Mac with a directly connected non-PS printer, >> they're not. Obviously the same is true of Windows, or this thread >> wouldn't be happening. >> > > Well, on Mac OSX you can view it in Preview, which converts it to PDF. > I guess you can print it also, but I'm not sure. Still not sure if it's worth arguing, but indeed, apple.com says : > Go from PostScript to PDF > > Because PostScript-to-PDF conversion technology is integrated into > Quartz 2D, any Mac OS X application can draw images on screen from > high-resolution PostScript/EPS data instead of low-resolution > bitmap. This means you can print PostScript-quality documents on all > printers, even on non-PostScript devices. Your documents always look > their best, no matter what printer you use. -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | - Focus behaves strangely in | | http://michael.cadilhac.name | floating ws. | | JID/MSN: | - It's a b00g. | `---- michael.cadilhac@gmail.com | -- Tuomo Valkonen - --'