* Ruby-mode in emacs
@ 2008-05-26 17:44 Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-05-26 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: zn

Hi emacs list, hi Kazuhiro,

Ruby-mode[1] has been developed in ruby svn repository since the
beginning. It is mature and works reliably. I have some minor patches
for it, and I spent some time figuring out where to send them.
Rubymode is supposed to have an homepage on rubygarden, but this host
seems to be down for 2 weeks now, so I can't reach it at the moment.
In the source files there is no author email address. Kazuhiro, I
found your email in a svn log.

Would you guys agree to find some room in emacs trunk for ruby mode ?
We already have a python-mode and a perl-mode (may the holy spirit
save us from having a php-mode ;).

It is probably a more natural place for an emacs mode than in the ruby
svn, and it would maybe help casual contributors to find their way.

Thanks,

[1] http://svn.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/misc/

--
      Paul