* show-paren-mode behavior using emacsclient
@ 2009-09-15 11:32 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-09-15 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Using the latest cvs emacs in X, I notice that show-paren-mode behaves
differently when used in emacsclient as compared to in a non daemon
instance of emacs.

In a non-daemon instance when a matching paren is off the visible
screen, emacs gives certain information about its location and what it
is near. However when in a session by way of emacsclient (attached
with `emacsclient -s somename -c' to running daemon named somename ),
when a matching paren is off the visible screen no information is
given.

The paren near cursor lights up as if its mate is also lighting up but
no information about the offscreen parens' whereabouts appears in the
mini-buffer area.

In my setup I start two emacs --daemon=somename in the xfce4
auto-start dialog... so they are started as the desktop is loaded.

Attaching to them with `emacsclient -s somename -c' is when I see the
behavior.

Does anyone else see that phenomena?  Is there a remedy?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-09-15 11:32 UTC | newest]