Stefan Monnier writes: >> I made it so that you must use progress-reporter-pulse to update a >> pulsing reporter, but I realized afterwards that it would be easy enough >> to have progress-reporter-update check to see if the reporter is a >> pulsing one or not and call the correct function underneath without the >> caller having to think about it. > >> If you think this is a good idea I can make the change. > > Yes, that would be even better, thank you, I've attached the patches that implement this. Pulsing reporters can use progress-reporter-update like normal ones and can have their messages changed using progress-reporter-force-update. thanks! Phil