Hello Emacs developers, Please, find attached ‘tramp-auto-auth.el’. Quoting from its commentary header section: This library provides ‘tramp-auto-auth-mode’: a global minor mode whose purpose is to automatically feed TRAMP sub-processes with passwords for paths matching regexps. This is useful in situations where interactive user input is not desirable or feasible. For instance, in sub-nets with large number of hosts or whose hosts have dynamic IPs assigned to them. In those cases it’s not practical to query passwords using the ‘auth-source’ library, since this would require each host to be listed explicitly and immutably in a Netrc file. Another scenario where this mode is useful are non-interactive Emacs sessions (like those used for batch processing or by evaluating ‘:async’ Org Babel source blocks) in which it’s impossible for the user to answer a password-asking prompt. This library has proved extremely useful for my work using Emacs to access remote machines in the aforementioned conditions and whose authentication policies I couldn’t change. For quite some time, I’ve searched extensively for ways of accomplishing the same task with a practical setup, to no avail. Perhaps you could comment on alternative approaches you had experience with but I failed to contemplate. I’d like to discuss this implementation’s deficiencies and get your insights and perspectives onto the problem this code is supposed to solve. I also would like to discuss how equivalent functionality could make its way to the standard distribution, in case other people find it useful enough to be worth supporting out-of-the-box. Thanks in advance, Bruno