Arthur Miller writes: > I do use Helm when I wish to delete some files or move them around > etc; I am not always dropping into Dired. But sometimes it is more > convenient to do more "direct editing" and file management operations as > in a conventional file manager. In those cases I find dired + wdired > very nice. Exactly, it is what Helm does, switching to dired+wdired but only with needed files (in your case no need to have 2000 files in the dired buffer when you want to edit only one or two files). > I can't remember when I last opened Dolphin (or some other fm). Same here ;-). -- Thierry