Joost Kremers writes: > If I manually change the link to a relative one on my computer, Emacs (27.2) > shows the linked png just fine (provided the png image is in the directory > pointed to, of course). Why your Emacs isn't able to find the png, I don't know. > Perhaps you moved it in between viewing the svg in Firefox and Emacs? OP here, apologies: I neglected to make the link in my demo code easily transferrable for testing! I’ve streamlined the reproduction case. Please try this: $ emacs -Q demo.org ...where the org file is the one that’s attached, and the PNG file Tft1st.png is saved in the /tmp directory: $ ls -lt /tmp/Tft1st.png -rw-rw-r-- 1 joe joe 391204 May 18 15:00 /tmp/Tft1st.png Lastly, evaluate the Org block with C-c C-c.