Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Po Lu >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 15:14:45 +0800 >> >> Thanks, one last question (before I start to implement this): what would >> you recommend as a special value of `:underline'? >> >> Would it be okay to add a new property to the property list that is >> already accepted as such a value? > > Yes, something like > > (:color COLOR :style STYLE :position POS) > > where POS can be t (with the same effect as non-nil value of > x-underline-at-descent-line) or (if you want to get fancy) a number, > to specify an explicit offset from the baseline. Thanks, I implemented that, though I haven't written any documentation yet. It would be nice if someone could test the attached diff on MS-Windows. BTW, there's a `hash' parameter in struct face, but I can't find where it's calculated. I assume I have to the hashing take any new fields into account, but I don't know how. Can you help with this? Thanks.