Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Manuel Giraud >> Cc: Stefan Monnier , emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 09:59:31 +0200 >> >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> >> > The next question is: do we want to enable this by default and in a >> > way that users cannot have the previous behavior back? >> >> I think that having this as a default is a good thing™ (no more clear >> password in lossage). About being able to revert this behaviour, I know >> I won't use it but maybe it has some use case with the dribble file: do >> people use the dribble file as some automation tool for example? >> >> > In any case, this needs a NEWS entry, I think. >> >> Ok, I'd one to this patch when we have decide the default and if it >> needs a user option. > > Sounds like having this on by default is what people want. But we > need a knob to revert to the previous behavior, and we need a NEWS > entry. Could you please prepare an updated patch with those two > additions? > > Thanks. > Yes, there should be an option to revert it, otherwise it'll break my "workflow"[1]. [1]: https://xkcd.com/1172/ -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5