Emanuel Berg writes: >>>>> One can switch from an X display to a Linux TTY with >>>>> Ctrl+Alt+F[1-6], and back to X with Alt+F7 (usually). >>>> >>>> As for keys, keys in X that is, that can be setup with >>>> X window managers (e.g., cwm) or X software specifically >>>> for that (xbindkeys). >>>> >>>> But: do most people do that? >>> >>> Most peopleā„¢ only use the Linux console to fix X when >>> it breaks. >> >> I know right? Why aren't they using fbterm like any sensible >> person would?! It's so stupid ... > > Hey, this whole discussion and attitude just gave me an idea! > > Why don't we turn the whole thing around, and instead suggest > that EVERYONE, all Emacs users, use the Linux console! > And that would be the ONLY way to use Emacs! > > Just imagine what that would do, we could drop support for not > just X, there would be no more porting Emacs to Windows or Mac > OS or even the BSDs, there would just be no end to all the > problems that we could just ignore and instead say, "Stop > whining you techno-imbecile, and use the Linux console like > everyone else goddammit" > > @&%#$! That would degrade Emacs to Vi level. -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. Its fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5