Eli Zaretskii writes: >> In my setup, I call `startup-redirect-eln-cache' in init.el because I don't >> want the cache in my .emacs.d/. > > Why do you need to do that? What's the problem with having the > eln-cache under your ~/.emacs.d/? My ~/.emacs.d/ is actually versiontracked as part of my repository, because emacs is my build tool to compile org-mode to PDF and I need a reproducible environment so others can use it, too. During building, ~/.emacs.d/ is in the non-writable source directory used by make distcheck. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de