* help-echo property disappearing
@ 2023-12-15  7:29 Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria) @ 2023-12-15  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm playing with the help-echo property and it keeps disappearing
for no obvious reason. I would like to confirm the behavior and to
know if this is the intended behavior. Here is a simple example:

(progn
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (insert (propertize "TEST"
                      'another-property "Test message"
                      'help-echo "Test message"))
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (kill-visual-line) (yank))

Before kill/yank, the string has both the `help-echo` and
`another-property` set, but the yanked string has only the
`another-property` set. This is in text-mode, using Emacs 29.1. I
also observed that in prog-modes, I cannot set the help-echo
property at all (with no warning).

Nicolas

--
Nicolas P. Rougier —— www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier
Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Bordeaux