Po Lu writes: Hi, >> Btw, all what I propose in the following is just based on code reading. I >> have no chance to test it. Does there exist an emulation, where I could >> run Emacs in an Android environment? Note that I'm a n00b wrt Android >> development. tramp-adb.el was contributed by somebody else, and I test >> it on my Samsung Galaxy S6 and Pixel 6. Do you have a recommendation how I could use an emulator? >> This is not very convenient. Why not using the method "su"? It is >> obvious, that on `android' systems `tramp-androidsu-file-name-handler' >> is used, and `tramp-sh-file-name-handler' otherwise. We have already a >> similar constellation: the "smb" method is implemented in both >> tramp-smb.el and tramp-gvfs.el. > > That's fine by me, but please explain how to implement this or direct me > to documentation with this information, because I did not find any that > covered writing new methods. It's not documented :-( I cannot test myself, but the appended patch might do. Could you, pls, check? Best regards, Michael.