Eli Zaretskii writes: >> This is also similar to https://emacs.amodernist.com/ >> I mentioned in my previous message. > > I think https://emacs.amodernist.com/ is a good starting point, but > IMO it is nowhere near being complete. I see the following ways to > improve it: > > . More background information on the features it asks about, so the This is an indication that asking is the wrong approach. We can only ask questions that users can give an informed answer to. If we need more than a few words to give that information, then asking the users puts an undue strain on them. If questions require lots of reading to understand the answers (or their implications), we should provide a default and enable already informed users to deviate from the default. And maybe provide links for further reading for those who want to dig. To avoid causing problems to those who want to tinker, an option like "minimalistic" could help. That would disable all potentially conflicting customizations. > Setting up an LSP server is not a trivial task, so if Emacs provides > an alternative, the customization helper you describe should give > enough information for the developer to consider these alternatives > and make up his/her mind about the one best for him/her. Also my experience with the difference between js2-mode and the typescript (ts) lsp is that js2-mode is much, much more enjoyable to use, because it feels instantaneous while the lsp always causes delays. But js2-mode only works for Javascript (maybe with jsdoc), but not for Typescript. That’s why I know the difference. I don’t know whether it is the same for other lsp servers and their provided alternatives, but if it is, then suggesting an lsp may not be the best. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de