Richard Stallman writes: > > If some code output command-history with prin1 then try to load it > > back, the # things will cause parse errors. > > We can't alter that. I see a few possible solutions: > > 1. Don't put markers into arguments to interactive commands, > except thru the specific functions (point), (mark), etc., > which go into command-history as calls to those functions. > > 2. Fix programs such as bbdb-create and savehist to find > such markers and replace them with nil. > > 3. Create a more general mechanism for commands to specify > how to record calls to them in command-history. > > Solution #1 seems simplest; is there any reason why you need to put > these markers in args to commands? I don't have one ; that was just because bbdb seems to do. Does this restriction have to be put in the coding style section of the manual? -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | Pour les 35-40 ans, l'humour | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | c'est une plus-value. | | http://www.lrde.org/~cadilh_m | -- Guillaume L. | `-- - JID: micha@amessage.be --' - --'