From: "Sébastien Vauban" <zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com>
To: <re.2YV9XX9BLMAAX@spammotel.com>, cyd@stupidchicken.com
Cc: rms@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Color-theme problems in Emacs 22+ (Ubuntu, Windows)
Date: 31 Jan 2007 09:27:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Chong,

>> I've done the following:
>>
>>     o   ultra-simplified my .emacs file - see attachment;
>
> The .emacs file you attached is 5000 lines long---hardly
> "ultra-simplified".

Sorry, sorry, sorry!  Of course, I swapped the two Emacs files,
and sent you the wrong one.

For all the tests I made yesterday, I thus used the very
simplified config file (205 lines with a lot of comments,
instead of 5000, as you saw) that's attached here. That's a 1:25
slim ratio!

> Furthermore, it relies on a lot of files that seem to be
> specific to your setup---I get errors when I try to use it.

For my curiosity, I'd be interested to know which errors you
got, as my goal is to make my .emacs file as general and
multi-purpose as possible, and as I'd like to share it on the
Web for the interested ones.

> So probably the only one who can debug this is you.  The
> strategy is to keep removing items from .emacs until the bug
> no longer appears (assuming the bug does not happen with an
> empty .emacs---this is at least the case for me.)  Then the
> last change made was the one that caused the bug.

I cannot really remove more stuff than I did now: I just kept
what's related to font-lock, my faces and my color-theme setup.

The only thing you have to change to make this file work for you
is to update (lines 44 to 50) the value of the 2 following
variables:

    ,----
    | (defvar my-site-lisp-directory
    |   "~/emacs/site-lisp/"
    |   "Name of directory where my color-theme-sva.el file reside.")
    |
    | (defvar other-local-site-lisp-directory
    |   "/home/sva/media/Downloads/emacs/site-lisp/"
    |   "Name of directory where Emacs color-theme.el reside.")
    `----

Hope this now helps. And sorry once again for my mistake.

Seb

PS- In order to have a complete setup, I also attach the 2 other
    config files.

--
Sébastien Vauban