On Mon, 23 May 2011 12:45:51 -0300 Stefan Monnier wrote: >> The idea from the beginning was that this is a true data type, not an >> auxiliary library. At least deferred.el and fsm.el will use it, and I >> am in favor of adding deferred.el to Emacs as I mentioned. SM> I don't know of any package using deferred either, so it doesn't seem SM> urgent to add to Emacs's core. I'd rather keep such things on ELPA for SM> now until they prove their necessity. OK. >> I would rather not isolate its scope to just URL interactions because >> rewriting url-future-* to future-* later will be annoying SM> Maybe "annoying" but trivial to do. OK, I did as you asked. See attached, which has commentary, error handling, and ERT tests. I rewrote some trivial functions as defmacros. Thanks Ted