() Glenn Morris () Fri, 25 Jul 2014 21:39:39 -0400 But no-one else seems to care (can't say I blame them from being put off this discussion). FWIW, i agree that it's best to leave the old code alone (if anything, deprecating it), and introduce rationalized new code with a new name. Doing so reduces pain for third-party (or even in-tree but slow-to-update) client code, and thus reduces pain (but can never eliminate it :-D) for Emacs maintainers. -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil