As it seems, the initial version of the patch didn’t play well with other essential shr.el features (as in: hyperlinks.) Please thus consider the revised patch MIMEd. * lisp/net/shr.el (shr-force-fill): New variable to disable this feature if needed. (shr-internal-width): Defer initialization until... (shr-insert-document): ... here; set to nil if neither shr-force-fill nor shr-width are non-nil. (shr-fold-text, shr-tag-table-1): Likewise. (shr-insert): Do not fill if shr-internal-width is nil. (shr-setup-wrap-1, shr-setup-wrap): New function. (shr-tag-blockquote, shr-tag-dd, shr-tag-li): Call shr-setup-wrap. (shr-tag-hr): Use a constant if shr-internal-width is nil. The other so far unresolved issue with this approach is that the tables and
 elements may actually require truncate-lines.
	Unfortunately, I know of no way to allow for word-wrapped and
	truncated lines to exist in the same buffer; I guess we may need
	either a truncate-lines or word-wrap property (or both) to
	override the buffer-local variables in this case.

	Similarly to wrap-prefix, we may also use line-prefix in place
	of shr-indent.  But that may not be a good idea if quoting
	text/html messages in text/plain replies, for instance.

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A