Daniel Mendler writes: > From my side the changes in your icomplete-vertical-mode-improvements > branch are fine. I didn't get a terrible amount of feedback, but I spent the week testing that branch, making small adjustments, and verifying that the default Icomplete and Fido behaviour are unchanged. So I've now pushed the icomplete-vertical-mode rework to master. I quite like it, to be honest. I also added little filtered/total indicator idea found in Vertico and many other completers. Here's a gif showing how to use it with Fido, my preferred option. To try it out, just M-x fido-mode and M-x fido-vertical-mode together. Thanks, João