"Drew Adams" writes: > > Good idea. How about showing two samples: foreground and background? > > Like in `list-colors-display'? If that is not what you mean then I am > misunderstanding you. > > Yes, that's what I was thinking. > > But I was mistakenly thinking of colors, not faces. Please ignore my > suggestion. Your reply got me thinking. The following patch does exactly the same, except that it renders the "sample" text to look just like the "sample" text in the `customize' buffer. So that both are visually consistent examples. The following screenshot shows how `describe-face' looks with the attached patch, as compared with the `customize' buffer: http://yrk.nfshost.com/images/faces-sample.png