* Subpixel averaging
@ 2008-03-28 20:21 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-03-28 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Although Emacs now performs anti-aliasing, it doesn't seem to perform
subpixel averaging.  I, for one, find the anti-aliased text in Emacs
blurry and very uncomfortable to read, especially when using
bright-on-dark color schemes.  As a result, I'm forced to use the old
fonts.

The attached screenshot shows the difference between gedit (top) and
Emacs 23 (bottom).