* bookmark from gnus article wrong modification
@ 2010-07-16 13:16 Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2010-07-16 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,
the last modification for compatibility with older emacs in gnus-sum.el
is wrong.
You should use the value of pos what is set to point IN THE ARTICLE
BUFFER.
If you use just (point) it will record the value of point in the summary
buffer what is wrong and not what we want:

,----
|       `(,subject
| 	,@(condition-case nil
| 	      (bookmark-make-record-default 'no-file 'no-context (point))
| 	    (wrong-number-of-arguments
| 	     (bookmark-make-record-default 'point-only)))
`----

See precedent patchs for example.

Also this change add tabs that also is wrong i think (you should
untabify).

This changes occur in:

,----
`----

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key:

* Re: bookmark from gnus article wrong modification
@ 2010-07-17  3:48 ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2010-07-17  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Volpiatto; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Thierry Volpiatto
<thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> the last modification for compatibility with older emacs in gnus-sum.el
> is wrong.
> You should use the value of pos what is set to point IN THE ARTICLE
> BUFFER.
> If you use just (point) it will record the value of point in the summary
> buffer what is wrong and not what we want:

Thanks, Thierry.  I'm on the road right now but will take care of this
once not traveling.  On my list!

-Karl

@ 2010-07-20  1:22 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2010-07-20  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Volpiatto; +Cc: emacs-devel

Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
> the last modification for compatibility with older emacs in gnus-sum.el
> is wrong.

Oops, that's my fault.  Thanks for pointing it out.
Fixed in both the Gnus trunk and the Emacs trunk.

Regards,

* Re: bookmark from gnus article wrong modification
@ 2010-07-20  4:38   ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2010-07-20  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
>> the last modification for compatibility with older emacs in gnus-sum.el
>> is wrong.
>
> Oops, that's my fault.  Thanks for pointing it out.
> Fixed in both the Gnus trunk and the Emacs trunk.

Thanks.;-)

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key: