On Thu, Jun 28 2012, Chong Yidong wrote: […] > The rest of the patch looks fine. Go ahead and commit once you have > made the above changes, and thanks. Thanks for your review! I've commited with the requested changes. If anything bad comes up with this, don't hesitate to beat me, I'll fix. :) > I'm not sure I understand. If you specify a face with a color like > "#252A2B", doesn't Emacs display the closest matching color on terminals > with limited colors? It does try, but the result is not always good. Some colors are correctly picked up as closest/best choice, others aren't fine. We're doing a better job manually. -- Julien