* rcirc ownership
@ 2013-04-29 15:38 Nic Ferrier
From: Nic Ferrier @ 2013-04-29 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Is rcirc without a maintainer right now?

If so I'd like to volunteer to maintain it.

I have signed papers before, a long time ago... but I can do it again if
necessary.

Please yell at me if this is a good idea.

* Re: rcirc ownership
@ 2013-04-29 15:39 ` Leo Liu
From: Leo Liu @ 2013-04-29 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2013-04-29 23:38 +0800, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> Is rcirc without a maintainer right now?
>
> If so I'd like to volunteer to maintain it.
>
> I have signed papers before, a long time ago... but I can do it again if
> necessary.
>
> Please yell at me if this is a good idea.

Thanks for the offer ;)

Leo

* Re: rcirc ownership
@ 2013-04-29 16:19 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-04-29 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nic Ferrier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Nic Ferrier wrote:

> Is rcirc without a maintainer right now?

Surely you start by contacting the peole listed as the current
maintainers and see what they say?

;; Maintainers: Ryan Yeske <rcyeske@gmail.com>,
;;              Deniz Dogan <deniz@dogan.se>

The latter was fixing bugs just a few months ago.

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6082#8

* Re: rcirc ownership
@ 2013-04-29 16:33   ` Leo Liu
From: Leo Liu @ 2013-04-29 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2013-04-30 00:19 +0800, Glenn Morris wrote:
> The latter was fixing bugs just a few months ago.
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6082#8

FWIW, Deniz Dogan handed the maintenance to me a few weeks ago but I
have found time to do much about it. So it is a good thing if nic can
take over ;)

Leo

* Re: rcirc ownership
@ 2013-04-29 16:45     ` Nic Ferrier
From: Nic Ferrier @ 2013-04-29 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Liu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Leo Liu <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2013-04-30 00:19 +0800, Glenn Morris wrote:
>> The latter was fixing bugs just a few months ago.
>>
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6082#8
>
> FWIW, Deniz Dogan handed the maintenance to me a few weeks ago but I
> have found time to do much about it. So it is a good thing if nic can
> take over ;)

Which I'd be happy to do!

Even if people welcome me by telling me what a newb I am!

Hello!

Nic

* Re: rcirc ownership
@ 2013-05-01  1:36     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-05-01  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Liu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Leo Liu wrote:

> FWIW, Deniz Dogan handed the maintenance to me a few weeks ago but I

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware of that.