() Miles Bader () Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:26:48 +0900 [...] but AFAICS, car and cdr are way more used than first and rest... the latter were half-hearted attempts at making lisp "friendly" but have never seemed to have gotten much traction; whether they're better is at best, arguable... CAR and CDR are cool because they align vertically nicely. I spend an inordinate amount of time choosing sets of identifiers w/ this property. Then, M-x zone and a drink -- cheap entertainment for the old fool... -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil