Nicolas Petton writes: > Hi, > > I'm working on another library similar to seq.el but for maps (alists > and hash-tables for now). > > I have an issue with naming regarding mapping over keys/values of a > map. I thought about calling `map-map' the function that would map over > the keys and values of map, and `map-map-keys' the function that would > map over the keys of a map, etc. > > This is really ugly to my eyes, as there is map the name and map the > verb. Does anyone have a better idea? I'm back with this issue. Since I have "map" both as a verb and as a name, and because I don't want to call "mapping" something else, I think I'll go with renaming the library. What do you think about "hash"? It seems to be the name used in Ruby such collections[1]. [1] http://ruby-doc.org/core-2.2.1/Hash.html